Brakes are one of the most important components on your vehicle. You need the confidence of knowing that when you press your foot to the brake, your vehicle is going to stop. That’s why it’s important to keep these tips in mind to help keep your brakes functioning properly:
- Have your brakes checked at least once a year — more often if you drive frequently in city traffic or live in a hilly area.
- Never drive with the parking brake on.
- If you hear a high-pitched squeak when you use the brakes, have them checked.
- If you hear a scratching or grinding noise when not braking, this also can be a sign of a brake or bearing issue and should be inspected immediately.
- Check your brake fluid along with other car fluids. If you have to add fluid more than once every few months, you may have a leak or low brake pad.
If your brakes have a low or spongy pedal or are squeaking, pulsating, or grinding, it’s time to let Holiday Auto Care perform a complete brake system inspection. We can diagnose problems and concerns, repair or replace any worn components and return your vehicle’s brake system back to tip top shape, whether your vehicle has drums or disc brakes. We know how important it is in our climate that your brakes work well on both icy road and hot desert conditions. Let our automotive brake repair specialists take care of you.